Top Five Reasons to Choose a Studio over a Gym
By Allison Kares
A GYM CAN BE A VERY intimidating place to exercise, especially if you don’t feel like you know what you are doing or if you have injuries and choosing a studio environment over a gym or health club.
1. You’re Never Alone A studio is an ideal place to get moving if you are new to exercising, haven’t exercised in a while or have injuries. Unlike in a gym environment, studio training provides small group or private individual lessons which means you are never training alone. Withyour results.
2. Who’s Watching Me? Have you ever felt like your instructor was onlyspace where instructors focus all their expertise on you and your alignment, not on their own personal workout. During group classes and private sessions, studio instructors spend their time monitoring what you are doing and how you are doing it. They may demonstrate an exercise in order for you to see what it looks like. However, after the demonstration they are up and about correcting what you do and how you do it. Instructors in a studio do their workouts on their own time, not in class with you.
3. Smaller is Better Although studios may charge more for their services,the instructor can adjust exercises to meet each participants individual needs without disruption to the class. Instead of being one body in a sea of many, you have the opportunity to get more attention and improve your performance of each exercise. Sometimes smaller is better.
4. Expert Advicemore targeted education, especially for clients with injuries. With fewer clients, instructors can focus on providing training that suitsout what your personal goals are, as well as assess challenges you maycoaching that addresses all aspects of your life. Health and wellness are more than just making you exercise. We take into consideration your entire person and match your goals and needs to your training.
5. Lost in the Crowd Are you uncomfortable exercising in a group? Then studio training is for you. A studio is a much more intimate environment that respects a client’s privacy and allows you to workoutothers. Gyms often provide personal training in the same space where other clients are working out. This can make clients feel uncomfortable or intimidated. In a studio, you never have to compare yourself withundivided attention.
Still not sure that studio training is what you need? Why not book a session and see how focused and comfortable a session can be. Studio training is money invested in you and your success. We all have theget in the way. With an appointment and your trainer’s support, you’re sure to achieve all you dream of and more!
Allison Kares is the owner of Movement Unlimited Inc. She has been teachingwith local health care practitioners to develop a program that will suit your needs.